I suggest the following points that you must bear in mind for Search Engine Optimization of your Website for Mobile Search.
- Mobile phones are not equipped for typing long search queries. Most of the queries are restricted to one or two keywords. So, it is important to have shorter keywords or just keywords to attract more mobile traffic.
- In general mobile searches are carried out for local products or services. Thus, the SEO for mobile search should be in such a way that it is able to reach out to the local customers. Most of the times, you will see mobile users make use of such searches to find out about local eating joints, local shopping places and so on.
- Just like a regular website, a mobile site also needs promotion in order to get high ranking. Thus, you need to submit your site to prominent mobile search engines, directories and mobile portals. Moreover, a mobile user doesn't always make use of Google, but goes directly to the site he or she is aware of.
- In mobile searches people don't have the time to go through long pages. Your mobile website must be created in such a way that it has shorter text length. However, this does not imply that you should leave out any significant keyword. Just keep in mind that you need a balance of the number of keyword used, neither they should be stuffed nor completely excluded.
- Mobile search categories mainly include news headlines, weather forecast, share market, sports results amongst others. So, if you plan to make a site on any of these topics or you already have sites on these then, it is important to optimize your website to be mobile friendly. Otherwise, you might lose out of valuable local business. The other possibility is to have two versions of your online business one for the desktop users and the other for the mobile users.
- Do remember to include Meta.txt in your mobile website. In case your entire site is not accessible still your site will be listed in the search results.
- Finally, it is equally important to preview your website to know how it would actually appear on the mobile devices. However, this does not mean that you need to go through each and every mobile device. You can check your site on the most well-known ones. Any distorted appearance on the mobile will discourage the user to have a look even on the desktop site.
With all this information, I would like to say that although mobile search is relatively a new concept but with the increasing number of mobile searches, the days are not far away when such search will be at par with the desktop searches.